Valentine’s Day is Wednesday and I told Dan I was baking him an early present, cheesecake lover that he is. And oh my goodness did this ever turn out fantastic! Rich, dense, creamy and NO Calories! Hahaha….just kidding. I know…..that was mean, but heck Valentine’s Day is just once a year and you just have to ignore the calories and dive right in to divine chocolaty delight. Because it is so rich, a small serving will be just right or maybe not if you’re Sparky. Seriously, this cake will serve 10, so gather family and friends and Happy Valentine’s Day from me to you!
Ready? Let’s build us a divine Chocolate Cheesecake. This is what we’ll need.
Here’s the real deal.
Valentine's Day Decadent Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Wafer Crust
- Put the Vanilla Wafers in a Food Processor and Pulse until finely crushed. Place the Crumbs, Cocoa Powder, Powdered Sugar and melted Butter in a bowl and stir to combine.the side.
- Spoon the crust ingredients into the Spring Form Pan and pat it out evenly across the bottom and about 1 inch up
- Bake Crust at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while preparing the Cheesecake batter.
- I know this looks weird but.......put the Cocoa Powder and Butter in a mug, cover with a damp paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt. Works great!
- Stir the melted Butter and Cocoa until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened Cream Cheese until light and fluffy. Just a couple of minutes will do it. Gradually pour in the Sweetened Condensed Milk while mixer is running. Pour in the Vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time and mix well post each egg.
- Pour the batter into the Spring Form Pan. Oh my....does that not look wonderful??!!
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes until set and not "jiggly." Remove from the oven and run a knife around the edge of the Cheesecake loosening it from the pan. IMPORTANT!: Let the cake cool completely before removing the outside of the Spring Form Pan. Cover the Cheesecake with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When ready to serve, run a large knife under cold water and then cut the Cheesecake. This helps keep the cake from sticking.
- Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream and shave a Chocolate Candy Bar using a vegetable peeler. Sprinkle the Chocolate curls over the Whipped Cream and serve!
- Thanks for stopping by today my friends. Wishing you all much love on this Valentine's Day whether it's your spouse, a friend, children or that very special pooch who loves you to the moon and back. Right Otto?
- Hugs and much Love from me as we Journey On! Karen, TJG