It’s Adult Beverage time folks! After a 20 + year absence our neighbors recently re-introduced me to Hot Buttered Rum. Sparky had never had this delectable concoction and after a few tentative sips, we have a new convert. Definitely a “GOLLLLLLYYYYYY, it is COLD out there drink, it really hits the spot after ice skating ( you really don’t want to have one before skating….trust me on this one). Or maybe after skiing or shoveling snow or after THINKING about shoveling snow. How about after white knuckling it over Sherman Pass in a blinding snowstorm when it’s ten below? Oh yes….definitely after that one! Our neighbors use a mix that they buy online for their Rum, but it is dreadfully expensive so I came up with this freshly made version that is positively ambrosial and very inexpensive. Goes together in 2 minutes flat so it meets all my requirements of fast, cheap and fabulous. Here’s a toast to Winter!
This is what we will need.
Spiced Hot Buttered Rum
- Measure all the spices.
- Put softened butter in a small bowl. Add the Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and Allspice
- Mix it together with a spoon until well combined
- Like this!
- To make each serving: Add 2-3 TSP Hot Buttered Rum Mix to a mug. Add 1 shot of Rum and 6 ounces of boiling water. Stir until the sugar has melted. Sit down and put your feet up. Get the dog up on your lap and pick up your favorite Seed Catalog and dream of Spring! See that bottle of Rum? We brought it back from Jamaica. We plan on picking up another one very soon 🙂
- Sparky has to have his topped with Whipped Cream. Me? Not so much.
- Sparky wouldn't let me take his picture without the cap on his head. Said he hadn't combed his hair. I said fine, you just look like a Burglar who stopped by for a drink! Store it covered, in the refrigerator.
- Friends, wherever your Journey leads you today, I wish you a warm welcoming home someone you love to share it with you.
- Journey on!
- Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG