Hello Friends! With the Holiday journey right around the corner, we’re all looking for quick, easy and delicious snacks to serve guests. Whether it’s a last minute get together or a well planned out office party, we’re all busy, but we want to show off our best efforts. This recipe fits the bill every….single….time! I came up with this recipe at least a dozen years ago when I needed something to take to work at the last minute. I have made them many times over the years but never really wrote down measurements. Just threw it all together. Well, since you’re so special to me and I love sharing and making folks happy, I decided to at long last, write it down and present this to you as a present! “Present” and “Present.” Big Karen cockeyed smile!
Nothing complicated here and so fast to put together! Feel free to add your own substitutions like canned green chilies instead of sweet peppers. A few Jalapenos are never a bad thing. How about a couple of finely minced sun dried tomatoes? Use the cream cheese and seasonings as a base and then have yourself some creative fun!
Ready? Let’s build us some Southwestern Tortillas Rollups and let the good times roll!
Southwestern Tortilla Party Rolls
- 3 8 inch Flour Tortillas
- 4 OZ Cream Cheese softened
- 2 TSP Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 TBSP minced Sweet Peppers any color is perfect
- 1 TBSP minced Onion
- 1 TBSP chopped Green Olives about 5 or 6
- 1 TBSP chopped Black Olives about 5 or 6
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce or a couple more to taste
- Soften Cream Cheese in the microwave about 15 seconds, if needed.
- Mince up your onion and whatever sweet pepper you're using.
- Add onion and peppers to the Cream Cheese along with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Using a Spoon or Spatula, stir in the Taco Seasoning.
- Chop up the olives and add to the Cream Cheese mixture.
- Stir in those couple dashes of Tabasco Sauce.
- Lay out 3 Flour Tortillas
- Spread 1/3 rd of Cream Cheese mixture on each of the tortillas. I find it easier to make one roll at a time.
- Gently, but snugly, roll up each tortilla and set it on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour to firm up. This makes slicing so much easier!
- When cold, slice into 1 inch pieces. Don't fuss about any imperfections! They are delightful, delicious and will disappear before you know it!
- Thanks for stopping by today. It's so good to share my favorite Holiday treats with you. Journey On!
Leave a Reply