In the long, hot summers up here in the Back of the Beyond in Ferry County, Washing, Sparky and I are vegetable salad fiends! They are cool, refreshing, satisfying and made with our home grown veggies, nothing can taste better. We’ve had a horrible heat wave for the past two weeks and trying to keep cool and minimize cooking is my plan and goal. I have been making this salad since the 80’s and no, I am not caught in a time warp. It truly is that delicious! If made with fresh peas, I par boil them for two minutes. If made with frozen peas, just thaw them and carry on. Make six generous servings.
This is what we’ll need.
Refreshing English Pea Salad
- Dice the celery, sweet pickle and pimento.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the thawed peas with the celery, pickle and pimento.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs.
- Gently fold the eggs into the veggie mixture. Fold in the mayonnaise and celery seed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least one hour and up to overnight. Then serve and enjoy!
- Wherever you are in the world today, I hope you are enjoying summer! Well...that is except for Australian friends who I hope are enjoying winter! Yes, the heat here has been brutal so I am up and out well before dawn trying to get outside chores done before the heat kicks in. I try not to complain as our winters are 6-7 months long and summer is too short. I thank you for stopping by today and I ask you to visit my website at :www.the journey girl. PLEASE tale a look at my You Tube Channel: The Journey Girl Cooks. Like and subscribe today! Thank you! Until next time, Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG