We grill food pretty much year round. The only time we don’t grill is when the snow is blowing sideways across the porch! Sparky is the grill master at our house while I am the prep princess. I figure if you’re heating up the grill you might as well cook the entire meal on it. I’ve been making foil pack vegetables for as long as I can remember because they are both easy and very tasty, but recently I have been experimenting with different seasonings to kind of ramp up the flavor profile. Take this carrot and potato foil pack for instance; instead of just my usual butter and onions, I added some finely minced garlic, and a sprinkle of minced rosemary. They turned out just fabulous! The potatoes were nicely browned. The carrots were tender and the flavor was outstanding.
Here’s what we’ll need.
Grilled Foil Pack Vegetables
- 1 tsp canola oil To oil the foil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 large onion or 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 scant tsp rosemary minced
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 2 Tbsp water divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and leave the skins on. Slice them about 1/4 inch thick.
- Peel and slice the carrots into about 1/8 inch slices. Thinly slice the onions.
- Place the two aluminum foils dull side down on a flat service. Use the canola oil to grease the foils in the middle.
- Put one layer of potatoes in the center of each foil. Divide the carrots and onions equally and place on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle the minced garlic and rosemary equally over both packets. Slice the butter and place over the vegetables. Top with another layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP water over each packet. Fold up the sides, and crimp the edges securely.
- Grill over medium low heat, turning the packets over every few minutes. This will allow the vegetables to cook evenly and prevent burning. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully open the packets. They will be HOT! I usually take two forks and peel open the foil packets.
- Using a spatula, scrape the vegetables on to a plate and serve. So simple yet so delicious!
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are all staying home today, correct? My hope and prayer today is that you all remain healthy! Please be optimistic that this too shall pass. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Love this! It’s my go to side dish when grilling if I don’t want to cook anything on the stove. I’ve made it several times.