After a gathering here at the house, I found myself with 3 ears of leftover grilled corn with great char marks. Dan suggested we just scrape off the corn and re-heat it with some butter but I decided to think on it and this is what I came up with.
Absolutely delectable! Sparky gave it 2 thumbs up and ate a ton of it! Here is my take on a Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad. No recipe here. I simply went to the refrigerator and found whatever bits of vegetables that needed to find a purpose and tossed them all together. Dan thought it was perfection but I thought it needed Cilantro to tie it all together. So….leave it out or add the Cilantro. Either way this is just scrumptious!
Shhhh…. I have a secret ingredient that will make this so simple and so delicious. It’s called “Zesty Italian Salad Dressing!” I never planned to Blog this dish, so at the last minute I thought to capture a couple of photos. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did last evening. 🙂
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 3 Ears grilled charred Corn any leftover Corn will do. But you'll miss the smokiness
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion finely Chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 12 or more Black Olives sliced in half. Whatever you have on hand
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing.
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup minced Cilantro optional for Dan. Mandatory for me.
- Slice the Corn from the Cob and place into a medium sized bowl. Rinse and drain the Black Beans then add them to the Corn. Stir in the Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper and the Black Olives.
- Stir in the Chili Powder and Cumin. Add the Zest Italian Salad Dressing. Adjust for Salt and Pepper. Now decide, to " Cilantro or not to Cilantro, that is the question." I'll leave it up to you friends. But as for me....the Cilantro goes in. Score!
- I served this wonderful Salad with marinated grilled Shrimp and strangely enough......potatoes and onions in a foil packet cooked on the grill. Sigh.............................................such a happy thing.
- Wherever your Journey leads you this day, my wish it that we all stop and honor our country on this Independence Day, the 4th of July 2018!
- Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG