OK…..I LOVE Pulled Pork in any fashion that I can get it. But….it has to be easy, unforgettable, and enjoyed by all. Pulled Pork comes in so many different variations depending on where you live in the US of A. I have 2 favorites and this one is Numero Uno! Tons of BBQ flavor. Soooooooo easy! Serves a crowd and if per chance their is a bit left over, you can freeze it for several months. But……I never have any leftover. Yes, it is that good! Perfect for your 4th of July celebration!
Come on, let’s make us some Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork!
BBQ Pork Slow Cooker Style
So mouthwatering delicious and simple to prepare. Just add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, set it on high for 6-8 hours and forget it! After all, this 4th of July you have a lot more important and fun things to do than spend the day cooking. When the Pork is done, simply shred it, pile the meat on buns with a bit of extra BBQ sauce and enjoy!
- 5 lbs Pork Shoulder/ Butt
- 1-1/2 Cups favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup chopped Onions
- 3 TBSP Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- Chop the onions
- Rinse the Pork Shoulder and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir together all the ingredients except for the Pork and pour it into your Slow Cooker.
- Add the Pork Shoulder and turn it over to cover with the BBQ Sauce mix. Set the Slow Cooker on High and let it go for 6-8 hours depending on your cooker and your time.
- When done, remove the meat to a platter and shred it or chop it, however you like. Serve on Buns topped with extra bottled BBQ Sauce as desired. That's it! Enjoy!
- This is so seriously good that I can make a Pig out of myself. Pun intended! 🙂
- Thanks for stopping by today friends! I truly am thankful for your friendship. Whether you make this delightful BBQ Pulled Pork for the 4th of July or not ( and I hope you will), let's all stop for a moment and remember the true meaning of Independence Day! Wave the flag of the good ol' USA and celebrate the greatest nation on the face of this earth!
- Journey On ! Hugs and much Love from me, Karen, TJG
- Please stop by my website and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. www.thejourneygirl.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply