Dan has been craving Peanut Butter cookies for ever and I have forever been trying to avoid baking them. Even though I always put chocolate chips in my Peanut Butter cookies, I have made them so many times that I’m just bored with them. But today, a light bulb went off in my head and I upped the ante and came up with these amazingly delicious cookies! I turned plain Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies into Double Chocolate Peanut Delights with the addition of Cocoa Powder and chopped salted peanuts. Sparky came home, followed his nose into the kitchen and boy oh boy is he one happy cookie monster today! Seriously, what can be better than peanut butter with more peanuts and chocolate chips combined with cocoa? Perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Double Chocolate Peanut Delights
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the vegetable shortening, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk and egg.
- Like this 🙂
- In another bowl, stir together the AP flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Give it a whisk then slowly stir it into the vegetable shortening mix. Take your time. It will be stiff.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. At this point you can cover and chill in the fridge but I usually don't bother. I just go for it. Roll dough into approximately 1-1/4 inch balls. Place on baking sheets and flatten with a fork. You know, the old cross hatch way.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Devour with a COLD glass of milk!
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. It's getting to be that time of year when we don't like to turn our ovens on so much, but cookies might be the exception!
- In the midst of this Covid pandemic, I hope and pray we all remain safe and also, we all find ways to enjoy our lives. Cookies are a start. Until next time, Journey on. Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Leave a Reply