Someone in this house has a sweet tooth and that sweet tooth is especially fond of chocolate and ice cream. Surprise! It is not me! I will get up in the morning to find a sink full of dirty dishes because Sparky needed a midnight snack….again. There is an ice cream scoop, a cereal bowl, a spoon, an espresso cup used for heating up chocolate sauce in the microwave and another spoon to spoon the sauce over the ice cream. Oh yes, this man loves his ice cream with Hot Fudge Sauce! This past week, Sparky informed me that he is out of his favorite hot fudge sauce that his daughter sent to him. Poor man. But I was in a very good mood today as he had gone to Spokane ( this Covid-19 togetherness is starting to wear on me), so I decided to really make his day and concoct the best home made Hot Fudge Sauce ever.
This is what we’ll need.
Please purchase the best ingredients your budget can handle. It truly makes a difference. And…no matter the quality of your ingredients, this will still be far less pricey than anything store bought.
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sauce
- In a heavy medium sized sauce pan, heat the evaporated milk, chocolate pieces and sugar to boiling over medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Like this.
- Keep stirring until the mixture looks like this. All the chocolate is totally melted and incorporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Vanilla Extract.
- Stir in the tablespoon of butter until melted.
- Serve warm over very hard vanilla ice cream ( or your favorite). This can be covered and refrigerated for up to four weeks. Not going to last that long here!
- Thanks for stopping by friends. I truly wish you a week of sweet delights.
- Please visit my website at: www.thejourneygirl.com
- Also, please take a look at my You Tube Channel: The journey Girl Cooks.
- Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG