Tis the season for Hot Cocoa and this creamy, dreamy, chocolatey mix will really hit the spot on cold, damp, winter days. A hit with both the kiddos and adults, Hot Cocoa never goes out of style! My recipe is extra creamy because I use both dry powdered milk in the mix and then add six ounces of hot milk to two tablespoons of the mix and oh my, it is luscious! There’s an added bonus, because we’re making this as a “Food in a Jar, Gift Mix!” That’s right, this recipe will make 20 servings. Placed in a clear glass jar and decorated as you wish with a cloth hat, colorful ribbon and a neat little tag with the directions, this makes a lovely, delicious and economical gift. I add just a hint of cinnamon to my mix which is barely detectable but adds another layer of flavor. Because it is the Christmas season, tuck a candy cane or peppermint lollipop in the ribbon for extra jollyness. I think this would make an excellent teacher gift or a gift exchange at your annual cookie party. We have a neighbor who loves Hot Cocoa and I’ll be sending one of these up to her.
A few simple ingredients is all we will need!
Creamy Hot Cocoa Gift Mix
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Make sure the ingredients are well distributed throughout the mix. Spoon into a pint size mason (canning) jar. Decorate as you wish.
- To use, place 2 Tbsp of cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 6 oz of hot milk. Want a bigger serving? Use 3 Tbsp of cocoa mix and 8 oz hot milk. Top with a few mini marshmallows if you like. Then serve.
- Use your imagination when decorating your jar. You can use fabric with a winter scene on it. Match ribbon color to your fabric or use a contrasting ribbon. Add a chocolate "spoon" instead of a peppermint stick. Sparky just enjoyed a mug full and gave it 2 thumbs up!
- Yes, it has been and continues to be a crazy year and we could all use some quiet comfort. To me, that is a mug of creamy hot cocoa, a fluffy comforter and a good book. Please take care of yourselves and do whatever you can to stay healthy. You all are never far from my thoughts and prayers. So, let's journey on, keep looking up and stay confidant that better days are coming. Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
- Visit my website at: www.thejourneygirl.com and leave me a comment!