These little bites of lusciousness are so mouthwatering delicious I can barely contain myself! They are truly so filled with flavor that we could eat them every week and not get tired of them. Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are easy to make and go together fast so you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. The sauce does contain nine ingredients but there is no cooking involved, just whisk it all together and you’re done. So, let’s get cooking!
Here’s what we’ll need for the sauce.
Asian Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Don't worry if the peanut butter is a tad lumpy, it will smooth out when added to the chicken mixture.
- Dice up the red bell pepper, the onions and the water chestnuts.
- Pour the oil into a 10 inch skillet and heat. Stir in the chicken and cook until it becomes slightly browned. Then stir in the onions and continue to cook for about five minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Stir in the red bell pepper and the minced water chestnuts. Stir and cook for about another five minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and simmer on low for a couple of minutes until the chicken and vegetables are thoroughly coated.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into a serving bowl and set out the Butter Lettuce and crushed peanuts. Let everyone take a few lettuce leaves and spoon a tablespoon or two of the Asian Chicken mixture into each leaf, then sprinkle on a few peanuts.
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. I truly appreciate you all. During these days of Covid 19 when all our favorite restaurants are closed, we can still enjoy some delicious homemade Asian inspired meals! Until next time, Journey On! Hugs and much, much love from me, Karen, TJG