So, here you are stuck at home under that Covid 19 quarantine and you really NEED that ham sandwich but, oh no, you’re out of your favorite whipped sandwich spread! No worries, we’re going to make our own whipped salad dressing and I’ll guarantee you are going to love it even better than the product you buy at the store! I have always enjoyed the store bought salad dressing but once I started making my own, there was no turning back. Homemade is truly sublime. This takes just a few staple pantry ingredients that you probably have in the house and in ten short minutes you’ll be ready to make that ham sandwich! Get your whisking arm warmed up because we’re going to be whisking for 7-10 minutes.
Homemade Whipped Salad Dressing
- In a medium size bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and lemon juice. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Takes a couple minutes.
- Lightly whip the egg with a fork, then add the egg to the vinegar mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly, a few drops at a time, start whisking in the oil. Just keep whisking and dropping in the oil.
- The oil will gradually start to emulsify and thicken, so keep on adding the oil and whisk!
- By the time you have whisked in about 1/2 of the oil, the mixture should be thick and creamy. Stir in the dry mustard powder, paprika and garlic powder.
- You may start adding the oil a little bit faster now but do not stop whisking!
- By now, the mixture should be pudding thick. Keep going, you're doing great!
- Drizzle in that last little bit of oil and whisk away. It should now be the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Bam! You're done! Congratulations, you have just created the best whipped salad dressing ever. Ten minutes of whisking to create a cup full of deliciousness.
- Spoon into a jar, cover and refrigerate. Remember there are no preservatives so use within 7-10 days.
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. I hope and pray that you and your families are staying healthy during this pandemic. Stay home. Stay hopeful. Stay kind. We will get through this together. And..... on goes our journey through life. Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
- PLEASE subscribe to my You Tube Channel: The Journey Girl Cooks.