So this is what life feels like right now. We’re in a Maserati, screaming down the Autobahn at 190 km/hour. Going so fast that everything to the right and left of us is nothing but grey blur. We can’t see our destination but by gosh and by golly, we have a goal!
And here it is.
6 weeks buddy. Just 6 more weeks and I will never,ever.ever leave you again!
6 weeks and we will be home! Hummingbird feeders and hanging baskets overflowing with Geraniums. Sitting on the porch. Dogs at his feet or in his lap, as the case may be. A nice cold one at hand. But our own home, where our hearts are.
But right now, it’s not total chaos, more like “controlled” chaos with a list to do that’s a mile long. Gonna get ugly for a while. Cleaning stuff. Cleaning up and cleaning out! All part of the BIG MOVE game.
Once again the suitcases come out and people at the airport will be staring at our 8 pieces of luggage thinking 1), they’re crazy, or 2) Hey, these folks are relocating. Personally I think it’s a bit of both. Maybe heavy on the crazy side!
1)The little man, well, he may be big, I’m just making this up, will be here next Friday to look at our cars so we can get them sold and DONE. BTW….I will truly miss my ancient Mercedes.
2)Gracie and Bandit have their flight booked. Vet check is scheduled. Air flight crates are ready. Oh, my heart…..I hate this part.
3) The movers will pack and move May 23 and 24.
4) The cleaners are scheduled May 25th and plus. We are required by lease to have the inside and outside professionally cleaned.
5) The Electrician has been scheduled to fix the Range Hood.
6) Curtains are washed and re-hung
7) Our airline tickets are purchased.
8) The rental car is reserved for when our cars are sold.
9) The Hotel the night of departure is reserved.
10) The Hotel the night of arrival in Seattle is reserved.
11) The washer and dryer are sold
12) The small kitchen appliances will go to Refugee World in Kreuzestrasse.
13) Gracie is reserved at the Kennel, but Katia says ” Do not talk to me about leaving and taking Gracie away.” Katia adores this wonderful, crazy GSD!
14) UH OH…..The Glitch. There had to be at least one major glitch. The middle of May signals the start of German Holidays. Schools are out and there is not a Hotel in a 50 mile radius where we can spend the week between our furniture leaving and Sparky, myself, Bandit and Gracie heading out. So I found this online. A vacation Guest House Farm! I met Lina Koepke yesterday and the house and farm she owns with her spouse, Peter is astonishing! We will have an apartment with full kitchen, living room, balcony, bath and bedroom for less than half the price of a hotel. It’s out in the country only 20 minutes from here. So peaceful, scenic and tranquil. A beautiful way to say ” Auf Wiedersehen” to Bavaria, my adopted home. I have walked past the Koepke hof several times and never knew it was a holiday house. So blessed to find it!
And on it goes my friends. That great wheel of life keeps turning and the journey continues………………………………..
Thank you so much for stopping by this evening. I so enjoy sharing my life here in Bavaria with you all. And I can’t wait to show you my life with Dan back home in Republic. Journey on my friends. Journey on!
Hugs to all,