Making your own salad dressings from scratch is easy. What will blow you away is how incredibly delicious they are and also how quick they are to put together. My Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is no exception. It is absolutely jammed packed with flavor! And, there are no chemicals or preservatives which give many bottled dressings that slightly “off” taste. I’m certain you’ll like it better than store bought. It’s Spring and we’re heading into salad season and this is a great start!
This just makes me so hungry.
Herbed Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing
- 3/4 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1-1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp dried Tarragon
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
Salad Dressing Mixture
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise not Salad dressing like that "Whip" mixture.
- 1/2 Cup dairy Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- Assemble all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parsley, Salt, Oregano, Tarragon, Garlic Powder, Lemon Pepper and Black Pepper. Set aside for a minute.
Salad Dressing Mixture
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together using a fork, the Mayonnaise, Sour Cream and Buttermilk. Stir until well combined.
- Stir the Herb Mix into the Salad Dressing Mixture.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate about one hour for flavors to blend. In the meantime, make a nice green salad. Like this one 🙂 I like a salad to have lots of goodies in it!
- When ready to serve, pour over the Herbed Ranch Salad Dressing to taste and get ready to be amazed at how fantastic it tastes. Be prepared for accolades from family and friends or just pat yourself on the back. It's up to you if you want to share this recipe or hold back, but you will get requests!
- Thanks so much to stopping by today. It's wonderful to share recipes with you all! Tell me what vegetable do you just HAVE to put in your salad or it doesn't right? I hope your journey today is as bright and fresh as Spring itself.
- Journey on! Hugs to all, Karen, TJG Be sure to leave me a comment. I love hearing back from you all. www.thejourneygirl.com www.facebook.com/thejourneygirl.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Penny McCurdy says
I’m trying this one!! Looks incredibly delicious!!
Karen Giebel says
It truly is! Thanks for commenting. 6 weeks to go!!