It’s been one of those days here in Bavaria. Rain, more rain and that damp cold that goes right through a body. In other words, a perfect day for a hot mug of Chai Tea. Chock full of warming spices like clove, cinnamon and ginger, this will warm you clear down to your toes! Unfortunately, I have not found Chai for sale in any of the stores here, but fortunately I have a cupboard full of spices to make the perfect pot of Chai! This recipe came about through an Internet search, but I can’t attribute it to any one source as I simply don’t remember. But, of course, I have modified it to suit my tastes mainly because I can’t leave any recipe “as is.” Dan laughs at me as I have this compulsion to modify and “improve” each and every recipe I find. I think this one turned out very nice. Let’s go build us some Warm Up Chai Tea!
Here’s what we’ll use.
Warm Up Chai Tea
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 2 inch piece of fresh Ginger
- 2 TSP Pepper Corns
- 12 Wholes Cloves
- 8 Green Cardamon Pods
- 6 Cups Cold Water
- 6 Bags Tea Bags
- 2 Cups Vanilla Soy Milk Can use plain milk if desired
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- With a mortar and pestle crunch the Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamon,and peppercorns. They don't need to be pulverized, just cracked a bit. No mortar? Places spices in a zippered bag and whack with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Peel and chop the Ginger. Put all the spices in a pan large enough to hold 8 cups of liquid. Add the 6 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drop in the 6 Tea Bags. Cover the pan again and let the tea steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the Tea Bags.
- Place the pan back on low heat and stir in the Brown Sugar until it's dissolved.
- Stir in the Vanilla Soy Milk.
- Get out another large pan and strain the Chai Tea to remove all the spices.
- Pour yourself a cup of Chai Tea. Grab the cookies and enjoy the wonderful aroma, flavor and warmth of Chai!
This article will help the internet users for setting up
new website or even a blog from start to end.
If you want to grow your knowledge only keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most up-to-date
information posted here.