Who doesn’t like a Turkey Club Sandwich? I sure do, but they can be rather heavy both in calories and carbs which I am trying to watch. This salad has all the fixing of a Turkey Club but is somewhat lighter. Springtime signals the start of salad season and since Sparky is growing tons of salad greens in the greenhouse, I decided to turn a favorite sandwich into a salad! Topped with my creamy Garlic Dijon dressing, it was so delectable that I am making another one tomorrow! I buy one pound whole turkey tenderloins and usually roast the whole thing but today, being in a hurry, I thinly sliced half of it and stir fried the turkey in a wee bit of the bacon grease. You know what they say, “everything is better with bacon” and it’s true. The bacon fat gives the turkey an extra boost of flavor. The creamy Garlic Dijon dressing is something I came up with on the spur of the moment. I couldn’t just top the salad with plain mayonnaise and the Dijon mustard with fresh garlic gives the dressing some extra pizzazz. Ready? Let’s go build a Turkey Club Salad!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Turkey Club Salad with Garlic Dijon Dressing
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Drain all but a teaspoon of bacon fat from the pan. Over medium high heat, stir fry the turkey for 3-4 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through. Remove from heat, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Place 2 cups of salad greens on each of 2 plates. Top with equal amounts of of cooked turkey and crumbled bacon.
- Top each salad with the tomatoes and croutons.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing and finish with a good sprinkle of shredded cheese. Cover and refrigerate the remaining dressing.
Garlic Dijon Salad Dressing
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar, minced garlic, Dijon Mustard, chives, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. Today I wish for you, good health, and a summer full of love, family and wonderful meals. Until next time, Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG PS: Stop by my website and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you all. www.thejourneygirl.com