I was starring into my pantry yesterday trying to figure out something to make Dan for lunch. We have lots of canned tuna fish but making yet another tuna fish sandwich just seemed pretty “ho hum,” so I put on my thinking cap and came up with this crazy good Tuna and White Bean Salad. So, how did it turn out? Sparky said, and I quote, ” You could win a Food Network contest with this one! Not only does it taste fantastic, it looks fantastic too.” Hubby often compliments my cooking but he has never told me it was prize winning! This was created using whatever I found in my fridge and pantry. Not only is this salad tasty, it is so fast and simple to put together you can have lunch ready in a flash!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Tuna and White Bean Salad
- 4-5 oz solid white tuna our tuna is home canned. I weighed it at 4.7 oz
- 15 oz white beans Great Northern or Cannelini
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Parsley
- 1/2 jarred Roasted Red Pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp diced Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain the tuna fish, place in a medium size bowl and flake with a fork.
- Add the red onion, celery, roasted red pepper to the bowl.
- Rinse and drain the canned white beans, then add to the bowl. Stir in the parsley and the rosemary.
- Drizzle with the Olive Oil and Lemon juice. Gently mix the ingredients together with a fork. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- If desired, serve on crunchy lettuce leaves with a sliced tomato and a slice of crusty bread.
- Thanks for stopping by today friends! Since we are all confined to our homes due to this Pandemic, we're all trying to find creative ways to use whatever we have in our pantry. Certainly, if you don't have tuna, try chicken. No fresh parsley or rosemary? Use what you have. Maybe dried parsley, oregano or basil. Red wine vinegar could be used in place of lemon juice. I wish you all good health and happiness as we journey through this difficult time. Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Leave a Reply