I quite simply LOVE these hamburgers! They fit all three of my requirements: Easy, tasty and economical. The winning trifecta! The BBQ sauce is both sweet and tangy and the burgers are juicy. My secret ingredient in the sauce is coffee. Good, strong coffee that gives this sauce a unique depth of flavor. This is a wonderful way to stretch your meat dollars because adding oatmeal to the ground beef, gives you 12 quarter pound burgers from two pounds of beef instead of eight quarter pound burgers. I do a bit of bulk cooking so I can freeze meals for future use and these freeze very nicely. Baking the patties saves on clean up too. No grease splatters on your stove. Just wad up the aluminum foil and toss it. Whether you are planning ahead for future meals or having a football tailgate party, my burgers will be a hit at your house!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Tastiest Barbecue Hamburgers
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.Take a 1/2 cup measuring cup and portion out 12 pieces. Shape out into burgers, slightly larger that a hamburger bun. Poke your finger in the center which keeps the burgers from shrinking up while being cooked.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Set aside. While burgers are baking make the barbecue sauce. Save all those delicious juices from the baked burgers and pour them into the barbecue sauce.
Smokey sweet barbecue sauce
- I have kept this a secret for over 30 years. Time to let the cat out of the bag. People love me barbecue sauce and are always asking for the recipe. My secret ingredient is strong brewed coffee! Yes, that's right! It adds a unique depth of flavor that is lacking is many sauces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large, deep saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add hamburger patties and simmer for ten minutes. Serve on toasted ( or not) hamburger buns and stand back for all the accolades!
- This last time I served the barbecued burgers with my almost famous i.e. "Dan loves it" Squash Casserole and Sour Cream Cucumbers
- Again as in always, "Thank you" for your support and for stopping by today! Remember that your journey is only as great as you make it. So, make it count. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG