Here we are, moving towards the end of summer and that can only mean one thing. It’s tomato season! In my humble opinion, there is nothing quite as wonderful as a home grown juicy, red, ripe tomato! One of the best ways to enjoy these luscious orbs, outside of a salt shaker in one hand and a tomato in the other, is this super easy and quick tomato bowl. So mouth watering delicious with grilled chicken or ribs. Here’s how.
Summer's Best Tomato Bowl
- 1/4 Cup Parsley chopped or 1 TBSP dry
- 1/4 Cup Salad Oil Canola is a good choice
- 2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar Cider vinegar is a good alternative
- 2 Tsp brown Mustard like Guldens
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 Sweet Onion sliced thin Walla Walla or Vidalia are good choices
- 1 Sweet Green Bell Pepper halved, seeded and sliced into rings
- 8 medium firm ripe tomatoes about 1/4 inch slices or a bit larger
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix it up good with a whisk. Add the onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Make sure they are covered with the marinade. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes or up to a couple of hours. Transfer to a pretty serving bowl when it's time for dinner. That's it!