Curries are some of my favorite meals and this quick, easy chicken curry is just fabulous! The lusciousness of the coconut milk combined with the punch of curry spice and the tender, melt in your mouth chicken makes for one delightful plate of deliciousness! I miss all those Indian restaurants on the East coast that I frequented on a regular basis. There certainly is not one anywhere near here so I have taken it upon myself to make our own. This recipe is simple and easy and if you use a rotisserie chicken, dinner is a snap! Served over fragrant Basmati Rice and you have a winning meal. Sparky gives this one two thumbs up!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Simply Delicious Chicken Curry
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp AP flour
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp groung cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 13-1/2 oz can coconut milk
- 1-1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- cooked Basmati Rice for serving
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas no need to thaw
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion and cook, stirring often until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the AP flour, curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, tumeric, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly for one minute to get the raw flavor out of the flour and spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Stir over a low boil for about 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the frozen peas and the diced chicken.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Ladle the chicken curry over cooked, hot Basmati Rice and enjoy!
- We had enough left over for another meal, so into the freezer it went for a quick meal on another day. I also cooked enough rice to put in a zippered bag in the freezer. Instant meal for another day!
- Thanks for stopping by today my friends. I love this so much that I think I will work on another couple of curry recipes. Stay tuned! Please stop by my website to view this and 156 other recipes that you can print and keep for free. www.thejourneygirl.com Until next time, journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG