Seasoned Cheddar Beer Bread
- In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, salt, sugar, and chili powder.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Then slowly pour in the beer while stirring with a spatula. Stir just until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the bread.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. (You'll notice the hole in the top of my bread? I got a little over aggressive with that skewer!)
- Remove to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Cool another 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with a nice pat of butter.
- Here's another look at the texture of this delicious cheese bread.
January means it is homemade soup season and if you are looking for something to serve alongside that soup, look no further because I have the perfect recipe just for you! Chewy, with a crisp crust and seasoned with just a hint of chili powder that compliments the cheddar cheese, this quick bread will go well with soup, chili, or even your favorite stew. I used a can of “light” beer because that is what hubby drinks, but an ale or a stout would work just as well.
Here’s what we’ll need.