Apple Pecan Coffee Cake
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt, then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk, mixing well after each addition. Spoon the batter into the prepared 8 inch square pan.
Apple Pecan Topping
- Combine the apples, pecans, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Test for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center. Remove from the oven. Serve warm with a bit of butter.
Here’s something special for Christmas brunch or anytime for that matter! Not only is this coffee cake delicious but it’s easy to make with ingredients that are readily available. Sometimes coffee cakes can be a bit heavy but this cake is light as a feather and oh…so…yummy! I use pecans but walnuts would work just fine. Any leftover pieces, if there are any, can be heated in the microwave. Serve warm with a bit of butter.
Here’s what we’ll need.