Last evening I had one frozen boneless Chicken Breast in the freezer and a few bits of this and that in the refrigerator. So, I decided to see if I could actually make something not only edible, but delicious out of what was here. Sparky gave it a resounding “YES!” This one will be going in our favorite meal rotation. If you have leftover Chicken or even Turkey, this will go together in a snap. A Rotisserie would make it easy too. Not that it was difficult to thinly slice that boneless Chicken Breast, then cut it into bite size pieces that I simply stir fried for 3-4 minutes! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as it is family friendly and easily feeds four people.
Here’s what we’ll need.
Scrumptious Creamy Chicken and Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Large clove Garlic minced
- 3/4 Cup dry White Wine
- 1 Chicken Bouillion Cube or - 1 tsp "Better than Bouillion"
- 1 whole jarred Roasted Red Pepper diced
- 3 TBSP diced Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup snipped Parsley or 1 TBSP dried Parsley
- 1-2/3 Cups Half and Half
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp ground Black Pepper
- 12 oz cooked chopped Chicken or more, but I found 12 oz plenty
- 2 Cups Rotini Pasta cooked al Dente
- Prep all ingredients and set aside.
- In a non stick skillet, heat the 2 TBSP Olive Oil over medium low heat. Add the Onions and saute' for 4 minutes. Add the minced Garlic and saute' for another 2 minutes. Add the Chicken Bouillon Cube and the dry White Wine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the diced Roasted Red Pepper and diced Sun Dried Tomato to the skillet and simmer for just a minute or two.
- Pour in the Half and Half and stir in the Cream Cheese until it melts.
- Sprinkle in the snipped Parsley. Add the Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in the cooked and drained Rotini Pasta
- Add the cooked, diced Chicken and stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle with a bit of additional Parsley for color , then serve 'er up! All you need is a nice, crisp garden salad to go with it and you have a delightfully scrumptious dinner!
- Thanks for stopping by today my friends. I truly appreciate sharing my life and recipes with you all from the Back of the Beyond in Ferry County, Washington. As this year is coming to a close, I thank you for your support as together we journey through life.
- Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG