I love Hummus. I love Pita Bread. I love putting them both together for double love. But…….Hummus and Pita, are hard to come by up here, so a few years ago I started making my own Hummus. I love Hummus in many forms but my favorite is made with Roasted Red Peppers and this is exceptional. Several years ago I took it to a party and it was a raging success, so I thought I would share it with you all. I made this for a Christmas party we are having this weekend. Oh my! I’ll have to restrain myself from digging in the next 2 days! Perfect served with toasted Pita Breads or raw vegetables.
Here’s what we’ll need.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Talk about flavor! This one has loads. Between the punch of Garlic, the brightness of the Lemon, the sweetness of the Roasted Red Pepper and a tiny hint of Cayenne heat, this recipe is just jam packed with scrumptious goodness. I could eat this every single day. Great for parties served with toasted Pita Chips or to take along a small container to work for lunch with crudites. I have even spread some on a Tortilla, topped with shredded vegetables, rolled up and eaten as a snack. Hummus is so quick and easy to make, you'll be done in a snap!
- 2 15 oz cans Garbanzo Beans drained, reserving 1/2 cup of juice
- 1 Large jarred Roasted Red Pepper
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice fresh is best but bottled is fine
- 5 TBSP reserved juice from Garbanzos
- 3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne use up to 1/4 Tsp if you like heat
- Finely mince the Garlic and rough chop the Roasted Red Pepper. Scrape both into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until almost pureed.
- Add the Garbanzo Beans to the food Processor.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until chopped. Then really give it a whirl and process until you have a "rough" puree'. The Hummus will have some tiny bits but it should easily spreadable.
- OK, we're done! See how quick and easy that was? Scrape the Hummus into your serving bowl and if you like, drizzle a spoon full of Olive Oil over the top and sprinkle with a little Parsley.
- Hummus is best made a day or 2 before using so all those wonderful flavors blend and meld together. Just cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you all friends and family to celebrate with as we journey through this Holiday Season.
- Please stop by my website and leave me a comment, I love hearing from you. Journey On! Hugs and much love from me. Karen, TJG
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply