I love Hummus. I love Pita Bread. I love putting them both together for double love. But…….Hummus and Pita, are hard to come by up here, so a few years ago I started making my own Hummus. I love Hummus in many forms but my favorite is made with Roasted Red Peppers and this is exceptional. Several years ago I took it to a party and it was a raging success, so I thought I would share it with you all. I made this for a Christmas party we are having this weekend. Oh my! I’ll have to restrain myself from digging in the next 2 days! Perfect served with toasted Pita Breads or raw vegetables.
Here’s what we’ll need.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 15 oz cans Garbanzo Beans drained, reserving 1/2 cup of juice
- 1 Large jarred Roasted Red Pepper
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice fresh is best but bottled is fine
- 5 TBSP reserved juice from Garbanzos
- 3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne use up to 1/4 Tsp if you like heat
- Finely mince the Garlic and rough chop the Roasted Red Pepper. Scrape both into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until almost pureed.
- Add the Garbanzo Beans to the food Processor.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until chopped. Then really give it a whirl and process until you have a "rough" puree'. The Hummus will have some tiny bits but it should easily spreadable.
- OK, we're done! See how quick and easy that was? Scrape the Hummus into your serving bowl and if you like, drizzle a spoon full of Olive Oil over the top and sprinkle with a little Parsley.
- Hummus is best made a day or 2 before using so all those wonderful flavors blend and meld together. Just cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you all friends and family to celebrate with as we journey through this Holiday Season.
- Please stop by my website and leave me a comment, I love hearing from you. Journey On! Hugs and much love from me. Karen, TJG