Standing in my kitchen starring at a basket of squash, I knew I had to come up with a new recipe or two because we were already tired of the same old ones. The goal here was a muffin that was not only delicious, but somewhat healthy. Fruit, nuts, zucchini, and a bit of whole wheat flour added a nutritional boost to an otherwise ordinary muffin. On top of that, they are delicious! These muffins are both tender and moist with just enough sweetness from the honey. Right now our garden is producing zucchini, yellow squash and patty pan squash faster than I can pick them! And do you see that beet? Yes, we have lots of beets too. I truly wish I could share all this bounty with you!
Let’s get busy baking some wonderful muffins. Here’s what we’ll need.
Honey Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
- Combine the flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl.
- In a 1 cup glass measuring cup, add the oil, milk, vanilla and egg. Stir with a fork until combined.
- Stir this mixture into the dry ingredients along with the honey until well combined.
- Grate the zucchini with a box grater.
- Stir the zucchini, raisins and nuts into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the pans and enjoy!
- Thanks for stopping by today! Please visit my website and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you all! Summer is just zipping by and I am not sure I am ready for fall. I hope we can all enjoy the waning days of summer and all the delicious home grown produce that is available right now. Until next time, Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG