Are you in the mood for something both yummy and fun? How about a chocolate recipe that the kids would love to help make? How about a chocolate pizza? Yes indeed! My Chocolate Dessert Pizza is like a huge chocolate cookie baked in a pizza pan, spread all over with melted chocolate and topped with chopped nuts, maraschino cherries, and shredded coconut. Baked to perfection and just a couple minutes before it’s done, you pull it out of the oven, sprinkle on mini marshmallows then return it to the oven while the marshmallows melt. Let it cool completely then slice like a pizza! It is a chocolate lovers dream cookie. Valentine’s Day is coming up fast and I thought this would be a fun project to share some family love!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Chocolate Dessert Pizza
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture until it holds together.
- Firmly and evenly press the cookie crust into the pizza pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread the chocolate over the crust. I melted them in the microwave but you can also use a double boiler.
- Arrange the chopped nuts, sliced cherries and shredded coconut over the melted chocolate. Bake for 22 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the chocolate pizza and return it to the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the Chocolate pizza from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. We could all use a bit of sweetness in our lives right now so I hope you both try and enjoy my Chocolate Dessert Pizza! Until next time, Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG