Oh goodness gracious, something this rich and chocolaty has to be a gift from the heavens! One bite and you’ll wish you made a double batch, or your best friend made you a batch, or your fairy Godmother made you a batch. These came about today because I need to use up everything in my baking pantry before we leave for the USA at the end of May. So I started toying with ideas and came up with a plan which evolved into a better plan, and even after I took pictures for this post, I was still tinkering with this recipe until I ended up with this one. 3 types of chocolate. A chocolate cookie crust, topped with salted peanuts and smothered with a rich chocolate sauce then drizzled with white chocolate. Wow! That’s all I can say, just wow! I do believe these cookie-candy bars will satisfy any chocolate lover.
Time to build us some Chocolate Trinity!
All this and a couple additions. Happy face!
How is this for an end result?
Chocolate Trinity Salted Peanut Bites
- In a medium size bowl combine the Flour, Brown sugar, Salt and Cocoa Powder.
- Add the Butter and cut in with a pastry cutter until well combined.
- Pat evenly into a buttered 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and....
- Rough chop those Peanuts! Leave some whole.
- Sprinkle the Peanuts evenly across the baked Cookie Dough and set aside.
- In the meantime....Slowly melt the Chocolate Chips with the Butter, Corn Syrup and Vanilla over low heat. Stir vigorously and well combined and then.....
- Spread evenly over the Peanut layer.
- Pop 'er back in the oven for another 10 minutes. The remove and let cool for a few minutes while preparing the White Chocolate.
- In a small sauce pan, slowly melt the White Chocolate Chips with 2 Tsp butter. Stir vigorously with a spoon until well combined. Then.......drizzle over the top using a teaspoon.
- Or....pretend as I did that you are Pablo Picasso and toss the White Chocolate at the pan all the while convincing yourself you are a Modernist Painter.
- Set aside to cool then cut into 1 inch squares or rectangles or whatever pleases you. Grab a cold glass of milk or an expresso and enjoy!