There is NOTHING wrong with Shrimp, Garlic, Herbs or Butter. Absolutely, positively nothing wrong with them. So this recipe is a winner before we even get started. In addition to be over the top delectable, it is fast and easy. Purists may say it is just another scampi recipe but I have been making and serving this long before I even knew a a scampi was! In fact, this was something special I used to make for my parents who just loved it. Dad passed away in 1989, so I guess I have made this for close to 30 years. I haven’t changed one ingredient over all those years and both Sparky and I give it 2 thumbs up! I always serve this dish with rice to soak up all the delicious juices. This time I made a wild rice mix with bits of broccoli. Sooooo good. And bright,crisp green beans really added a snap of color on the plate.
Ready? Time to build us some Shrimps!
Broiled Shrimp with Garlic Herb Sauce
- Shell and devein the Shrimp. Rinse, pat them dry and lay them in a single layer in a broiler proof pan.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the Butter and the Canola Oil together over low heat. Add the Salt, Pepper, Shallots, Garlic and Lemon Juice. Let this cook together on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Poor the sauce over the Shrimp and place under the Broiler for 4 minutes. Turn the Shrimp over and continue to Broil for another 4 minutes until the Shrimp are just pink and opaque. Remove from the oven.
- Quickly put the Shrimp onto a warm platter and pour the Garlic, Herb, Butter Sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the minced Parsley and serve!
- Serve with Lemon Wedges. My Oh My Oh My! Just fabulous!
- Thanks so much for stopping by today my friends! Always such a pleasure to share my recipes and adventures with you!
- Wherever your Journey leads you today, I wish you friends and family to gather around your table to share their lives and enjoy a meal together.
- Until next time, Journey On!
- Hugs and much Love from me, Karen, TJG