I love the versatility of chicken. There is no end to the ways it can be prepared. Plain or fancy, it is always good. I use bone in chicken thighs more than any other cut as they are less expensive and full of flavor. Marinating them in this Balsamic Vinegar mixture and then roasting at a high temperature makes them tender and delicious with nice crispy skin. An added advantage is you’ll use only four ingredients plus salt and pepper. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Balsamic Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Trim the chicken thighs of excess skin and fat.
- Combine the olive oil, mustard, Balsamic Vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a gallon size zip bag and squish around to mix the ingredients.
- Add the chicken thighs, making sure they are evenly coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Place the chicken skin side up in a foil lined 7x11 inch baking pan or any baking dish that will hold them without touching.
- Place in a pre-heated 400 degree oven and roast for 50-55 minutes until juices run clear and the skin is crisp. I served them up with baked beans, turnip greens and corn bread. Dan said it was a perfect meal and I agreed!
- Cooking a delicious meal is a way of saying "I love you." Life is short and we never know what will happen, so cook your loved ones a wonderful dinner and let them know you love them all.
- Wishing you a blessed Sunday! Journey on... Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG