Tapas! Such an utterly fantastic concept. In Spain, tradition has it that restaurants offer multiple small plates or medium sized appetizer bites on their daily menu. The deal is, you go in the restaurant, Bistro, Cafe’, order a beverage such as Cerveza ( beer),Vino or a soft drink. Then you visit with friends or strangers while nibbling on a small savory bit of unctuous delight. Then you move on to another restaurant or Bistro and repeat the process. Usually one or two small plates at a time until you have had your fill. Tapas are usually not sweet but rather a precursor for the evening meal which may not happen until 10 pm! When you enter the bar/ restaurant, a plate of slightly salty mixed Spanish olives is set in front of you. Snack on them as you peruse the Tapas menu and prepare to enjoy an out of this world delicious delight! The cost is nominal depending on what you ordered, but 1.50€ is pretty much the standard. Depending on your appetite, 3 Tapas could be your meal for the evening! But I saw some big boys packing away 8-10 Tapas at a time!
Here is another Tapas favorite of mine. It was so delicious that I had to come home and re create it! Truly, I am sorry, but there is no way to get around caramelizing except by being Sloow and steady.
5 Ingredients and you’re good to go! That’s it! Really simple, easy and out of this world delicious!
Tapas with Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onions
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large onion thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 1/2 fresh Baguette 1/3 inch slices
- 1 package Goat Cheese as good a quality as fits your budget.
- 2 TBSP Honey
- Slice the Onion in half, then slice it into 1/4 inch slices. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the EVOO and the sliced Onions. Cook the onions for about an hour stirring frequently until they are a beautiful golden tan. Then set aside.
- Like this.
- Slice the Baguette into I/3 inch slices. Place the bread slices on an oven baking sheet and toast under your broiler until slightly golden. Remove from the broiler and set on a flat surface.
- Spoon a small amount of caramelized onions on top of each Baguette slice.
- Spoon a small amount of softened Goat Cheese over the onions. About 2 Tsp of Goat Cheese.
- Drizzle with a tiny amount of Honey
- Serve! OHHHHHH boy! Are these ever delicious!
- I do hope you have enjoyed making Tapas with me today. It's such a fun way to make a small meal and they are beyond delicious! Wherever your Journey leads you today, I hope it is full of good food and friends to share it with! Thanks for stopping by today. Journey On! Hugs, Karen, TJG
Love it will definitely try! Thanks!
Karen Giebel says
Thank you Janeen. I hope you really love it!
I have noticed you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you
can earn additional bucks every month because you’ve got hi quality content.
If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for:
Ercannou’s essential tools best adsense alternative
Looks delicious! What kind of onion do you suggest using?