It’s Friday evening here in Bavaria and as Saturday is shopping day for many of us, I wanted to get this game day recipe posted just in case you all were searching for something new to serve as a snack during Sunday’s Seahawks, Bill’s, Jets, Crimson Tide, Falcons, Chief’s games. I know I missed a few and I’m not really sure some of these teams exist. Shows you what a football fan I am! But…..I am a fan of PIZZA! Yea, PIZZA! Give me a P. Give me an I. Give me a ZZA! Gooooo Pizza! Sorry, I got a little carried away there. But, it’s a fact of my life that I just love pizza in its many forms and varieties. Quick and easy to prepare. Makes a bunch. Reheats well and if you want to make them in advance, you can freeze them and use when needed.These little 2 bite size snackeroos were the product of some intense, painful brainstorming and I am 100% happy with the outcome. Hope you will be too.
Sunday Football Pizza Puffs!
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, Italian Seasoning, Parmesan Cheese, sun dried tomatoes and Pepperoni. Stir to combine.
- Slightly beat the egg, then combine with the milk. Stir into the dry ingredients just until well combined. Don't overmix.
Finish 'er up
- Spoon into well greased mini muffin cups until about 3/4 full. Using your finger, poke a piece of Mozzarella into the center of each muffin cup. The cheese does not need to be totally submersed.
- Place in the oven that's pre-heated to 350 degrees. Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden. Remove the the oven and let rest for 5 minutes or so. Remove from the pans. Running a thin knife around the edges may be helpful.
- Serve warm with Marinara Sauce for dipping. If made the day before they're needed, just re-heat when ready to serve.