Summer Squash season is here and that means zucchini and yellow squash will soon be piling up on porches everywhere, placed there unseen by the squash fairies! You know what I mean, right? Trying to come up with tasty ways to use up all this squash is a challenge every summer but let me tell you that I am up to that challenge. Game on! These savory patties are nice and crisp on the outside but have delectably flavored, soft, moist insides. They take just minutes to prepare and just a few minutes to fry them up. They will be on your dinner plate in no time! Serve plain or with this delightfully flavored, lemon, garlic aioli. The aioli also goes together fast using just four ingredients plus salt and pepper. These patties were a hit at our house and I’ll be serving them often during this squash season.
This is what we’ll need.
Summer Squash Patties with Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Finely chop the squash.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Place the squash, onion, beaten egg, parsley, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium size bowl. Stir with a fork until well combined.
- Stir in the AP Flour until well combined.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil ( I use canola oil) in a 10 inch skillet until hot. Carefully drop in the squash mixture by the tablespoon full. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Cook over medium low heat for about three minutes per side, turning only once until the patties are nicely browned. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Herbed Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Gather all your ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Ta Da! Done! Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- As usual, I thank you for stopping by today friends. Summer seems to be zipping by at lightning speed and I am doing my best to enjoy it. That means not spending hours in the kitchen cooking. For me, summer meals need to be quick but tasty and this one fits the bill. Until next time, Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG