Tis the season for creamy, rich comfort food and this dish has it all! It has loads of flavor from the onion, garlic, roasted red pepper, wine and sun dried tomatoes. Full of tender bites of both pasta and chicken, then finished with a smooth, creamy mouthwatering sauce made with Half N Half and Cream Cheese. This one is sure to become a family favorite! Make it a day ahead of time and take it to a pot luck dinner. It reheats beautifully. This is another favorite recipe from my cookbook, “The Journey Girl Cooks.”
Here’s what we’ll need.
Scrumptious Creamy Chicken and Pasta
I love both chicken and pasta. Put those two together with a delectable rich, full flavored creamy sauce and you have a "Winner, winner chicken dinner!" This casserole is so yummy that there is no doubt your family will love it. I poached a large chicken breast in broth for the chicken, but any cooked chicken will do just fine. Often times, I roast a whole chicken, then pick the meat and portion it into 1 cup sizes and freeze it for recipes like this one.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine substitute chicken broth
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules I use "Better Than Bouillon"
- 1 whole jarred Roasted Red Pepper diced
- 3 Tbsp diced Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced Parsley or 1 Tbsp dried Parsley
- 1-2/3 cup Half n Half
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz cooked chopped Chicken about 1-1/2 cups
- 2 cups dry Rotini Pasta cooked al dente. Penne works too
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat the 2 Tbsp Olive Oil over medium low heat. Add the onions and saute' for about 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute' for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon granules and the dry white wine ( or chicken broth). Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted red pepper and the sun dried tomato. Let simmer for another minute or 2.
- Pour in the Half n Half.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the cooked Rotini / Penne
- Add in the chopped, cooked chicken and stir until well combined.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle additional parsley over the top if desired.
- Ohhhhhh yummy!
- Thanks so much for stopping by today! These days we all could use a bit of comfort food as we journey through uncharted waters. This one certainly fits fits the bill. Wishing you all peace, love, encouragement and the love of family and friends. Until next time, Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply