These hot steamy August days call for something cool and refreshing to serve alongside dinner. And since I am absolutely in love with Mangoes, that something is Mango Salsa that has some sass to it! Sweet, sweet juicy Mango kicked up with Jalapeno and sassed with plenty of Cilantro. I could eat it by the bowlful! It goes great with grilled Chicken or Cod or as I served it tonight, marinated grilled Lamb Chops. Hand Sparky a bag of Tortilla Chips and he’ll devour it. It is so simple to make. No cooking involved and just a handful of ingredients.
So let’s build us some sassy salsa, Mango style!
Here’s what we will need.
Sassy Mango Salsa!
- With a paring knife, peel the Mango and discard the peel. For anyone unfamiliar with a Mango it has to be ripe and soft. Trust me, you never want to use an unripe Mango! Mangoes have one huge seed that you need to cut around. See that piece on the left? That's the seed!
- Dice the Mango into 1/4 inch dice. I mean really, don't measure, just cut them small! Just put it in a bowl
- Cut the Jalapeno in half, then remove the seeds and white membrane. Mince that up good too. Add to your bowl.
- Peel and mince the Shallot and add to the bowl.
- Coarsely chop the fresh Cilantro and add to the bowl. I adore Cilantro! The more the merrier in my book, but if you are not such a fan, cut back a little.
- Cut the Lime in half and squeeze it out into a small dish to measure 3 TBLS. Here's a hint. Roll the Lime around firmly on the table, then pierce each section with a knife tip. You get a lot more juice out that way! You're welcome 🙂
- Add the Lime juice to the bowl and gently stir it all together. Cover and place in the refrigerator for about an hour to blend all the flavors, then dig in!
- Thanks so much for stopping by today friends. I sure hope you are all enjoying these "dog days" of summer. Summer is going by way too fast for me. Wherever your journey leads you today, I hope there is a little sassy kick to it and a whole lot of fun! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG