Corn on the cob season is finally here and there is dancing in the streets! Nothing beats the taste of fresh corn on the cob. No matter how you cook it, it is absolutely delectable. Sparky likes to grill corn to give it that nice smokey char that adds an extra ton of flavor. I asked him to grill a couple extra ears for us the other day so I could try my hand at making a grilled corn salad. I didn’t have a recipe, I just used what was in the fridge and pantry which is what I usually do. It turned out so gorgeous with all the bright colors and soooo tasty with the sweet corn, onions, peppers and that splash of lime juice that just brightened it all up. This one is going in my “personal favorite” file!
Here’s what we’ll need!
Santa Fe Grilled Corn Salad
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 ears sweet Corn grilled 6-8 minutes until they have a bit of char
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper Yellow or Orange
- 1/3 Cup minced Cilantro
- 1-2 Jalapeno minced. Depends on how much heat you like
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice fresh squeezed is best
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Scrape the corn off the cob, leaving some nice large chunks.
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Put the corn, onion and peppers in a medium size bowl.
- Stir in the black beans and cilantro.
- Juice the limes and add to the bowl along with the EVOO and the 1/2 Tsp salt. Give it all a good toss and that's it! Refrigerate until cold.
- Serve alongside grilled steak, pork chops, chicken or even a juicy hamburger. Yummy!
- I hope that summer has arrived in your neck of the woods. It seems to have finally decided to arrive and stay up here in the Back of the Beyond in Ferry County, Washington. Time to lighten up our menus and enjoy some garden fresh salads. Thanks for stopping by today friends. I wish you a summer journey of blue skies, warm breezes, good food and great friends to share it with. Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen TJG