Many potato casserole recipes call for frozen potatoes and they are just fine, but for something extra special try my fresh Yukon Gold potato hot dish. Rich, creamy and cheesy with a touch of onion. This dish goes so well with my homemade Meatloaf or a baked Ham. It’s great as a side dish for a hearty breakfast too. Try it for your next Pot Luck dinner and I’ll bet you come home with a clean pan!
Rich As Gold Potato Casserole
- 6 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled, cubed, boiled in salted water until tender and drained
- 4 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese pre-packaged works fine
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup Cream of Celery is another option
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- 1/4 Cup onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Minced or 1TBSP dried
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and fold together gently so potatoes don't break up. Spoon into the 9x13 pan. Bake for 40 minutes until bubbly. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.