As summer marches steadfastly onward, the quest to find new uses for Zucchini continues. Two Zucchini plants are plenty for us but when someone made it his mission to plant 10 of them, the mission became mission impossible! But never the less, I persevered and took an old standby recipe and cranked it up a bit by using my Zoodle maker and made oodles of zoodles. Then I finished it off with a nice splash of White Balsamic Vinegar which BTW has become my new love. And true love it is! This stuff is another nectar from the gods and does so much to enhance the flavor of what might otherwise be a so-so, ho-hum vegetable dish. A plus for me is that this recipe is motor home friendly, meaning it is so simple to prepare in the confines of our temporary digs. Winner!
Just 6 simple ingredients plus salt n pepper transform yet another Zucchini into a side dish worthy of any guest table!
This is what we’ll need.
Refreshing Summer Zucchini Salad
- 1 pound small Zucchini I used 3 small, tender Zukes
- 2 TBSP fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 TSP minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP fresh Basil chopped
- 1 TBSP White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred the Zucchini using a vegetable Zoodle maker. Alternately, you could slice the Zucchini paper thin using a Mandolin. Place the zoodles in a medium size non metal bowl.
- Isn't this just pretty? I love the different shades of green.
- Squeeze the Lemon Juice and add to the Zucchini.
- Mince the Garlic and add to the Zucchini.
- Drizzle 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top of the Zucchini.
- Add that finely chopped Basil.
- Top off the Zucchini Salad with a splash of White Balsamic Vinegar. Add several grinding of Black Pepper and about 1/4 TSP Salt. Give it a good toss to combine then refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve it up and expect to get requests for the recipe from other friends and neighbors looking ways to use up their supply of Zucchini! This is a wonderful, delicious side dish for grilled Chicken or even a fresh grilled Salmon Filet. Enjoy!
- And as usual, my heartfelt "thanks" for stopping by today! Summer has gone by so fast and I sincerely hope you all have had a chance to slow down and enjoy a pot luck BBQ or 2 with your family and friends. We have been blessed with invitations this summer to share good food with wonderful friends and both Sparky and I truly appreciate that friendship!
- Please stop by and share a comment or 2. www.thejourneygirl.com. I love hearing from you all! Journey on!
- Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Leave a Reply