As the weather warms up it seems we’re all looking for ways to cut down on cooking time but still serve scrumptious meals. I know I’m also looking for meals that are a bit “lighter” at this time of the year. This Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry fits both the quicker and lighter requirements and can be on your table in 30 minutes! Packed full of nutritious Broccoli and tender Beef, this one is a frequent flyer at our house. I have switched it up at times using Chicken or Turkey Breast with great results. Try adding thinly sliced Mushroom and Carrots or substituting Pea Pods for the Broccoli. Remember the trick to any stir fry is to prep all the ingredients and line them up in the order you will use them. Do that and this is a snap to put together! Sooooo yummy and Sparky gives it 2 thumbs up!
Ready? Here’s what we’ll need.
Quick and Delicious Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
- 3 TBSP Cornstarch divided
- 2 TBSP Water
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb Sirloin Steak Thinly sliced into 3 inch pieces
- 4 TBSP Canola Oil divided
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets I also use some of the stem very thinly sliced.
- 1 can sliced Water Chestnuts
- 1 small onion cut into wedges
- 1/3 Cup reduced sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp ground Ginger
- Hot cooked Rice for serving
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go!
- Partially freeze then thinly slice the Beef
- Cut the Onion into small wedges. Cut the Broccoli into florets. Drain the Water Chestnuts.
- in a medium size bowl combine the 2 TBSP Cornstarch, 2 TBSP Water and the Garlic Powder until smooth. Add the Beef strips and toss until evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 TBSP Oil until hot. Add the Beef and stir fry until nicely browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 TBSP Oil to the skillet. Stir fry the Onions, Broccoli and Water Chestnuts for about 5 minutes over medium high heat until tender crisp. Return Beef to the skillet.
- I a small bowl combine the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Ginger and remaining 1 TBSP Cornstarch until smooth. Stir this mixture into the Beef and Broccoli and continue to cook and stir for about 2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- That's it! Serve over Hot Cooked Rice and enjoy. Guaranteed yummy for your tummy!
- Thanks so much for stopping by today. I truly appreciate your friendship!
- Today my wish for you is a life time of happy dinners with your family and friends gathered at the table.
- Please visit my website at: www.thejourneygirl.com and leave me a comment. I love hearing from all of you. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Leave a Reply