Dan and I will be traveling again starting tomorrow and based on our last excursion I knew some changes to our eating habits were in order. I do not like fast food at all. The thought of yet again another greasy over priced burger on a smooshed bun makes me cringe, so I decided it was time to take charge of our food while on the road. We live 12 miles from the nearest grocery store and I did not want to go to town for anything. I put my thinking cap on and searched my pantry and refrigerator and this is what I came up with today. A healthy, vegetable packed, protein rich salad with a simple EVOO and Red Wine Vinaigrette!
Here’s what I used, but really any combination of veggies in your fridge would work well. Cauliflower, broccoli, celery, carrots and more!
Mediterranean Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 1 14-15 oz can Garbanzo Beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 English Cucumber quartered and chopped
- 1 bunch sliced Green Onions white and light green parts only
- 12-14 Grape Tomatoes halved
- 12-14 pitted Kalamata Olives halved
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary minced ( or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 Tsp dried Parsely
- 1 Tsp dried Basil
- EVOO for drizzling
- Red Wine Vinegar for drizzling
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prep all ingredients
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle with EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar. Add Herbs. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
- YUMMY! Thanks for stopping by here today my friends! Today my wish for you is a happy healthy heart and NO fast food! Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG