Wait! Wait! You simply can not have Thanksgiving and Turkey without Cranberries. Noooooo……you can’t. And for me that means a big bowl of my freshly made Cranberry Relish that features Oranges, an Apple, some Pecans and my special ingredient, freshly grated Ginger. I have made this every year since the dawn of creation and it is a smash hit with all Cranberry lovers and even a few who claim they are not. I love this so much that I take a small bowl out for myself and stand at the kitchen counter and eat the whole thing. As a bonus, this requires only toasting the Pecans for added flavor and it goes together easily using your food processor.
Come on! Turkey Day is tomorrow so we best get started!
This is what we will need.
Gingered Cranberry Orange Pecan Relish
- 4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Apple Tart, sweet one is best
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Toasted and Chopped
- 1 Tsp freshly grated Ginger
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Rinse and drain the fresh Cranberries, picking out any stems . Add to the food processor.
- Peel the zest from one Orange using a vegetable peeler then chop up the zest into small pieces. Add to the food processor.
- Then finish peeling the pith from that Orange and completely peel the other Orange. Chop both Oranges into chunks. Add to the food processor.
- Peel, core and rough chop the Apple and.....add to the food processor.
- Add the Sugar, Ginger and Salt to the food processor. Isn't that just plain old pretty?
- In a small non stick skillet, toast the Pecans over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Rough chop the Pecans and add to the food processor.
- Pulse all the ingredients together until they are evenly chopped. You decide how chopped you like it. Medium pieces or small pieces. It's up to you. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- When it's time to eat, give it a stir and enjoy!
- My Dear Friends, Wherever your Journey leads you this Thanksgiving, I wish you safe travels, the love and camaraderie of family, friends and good neighbors. Eat a lot. Laugh even more and make memories that will last a lifetime! Journey on!
- Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Hi Karen, just wanted to say thanks for the recipe and the lovely pics. I just got the ingredients for this today and can’t wait to make it!