I could eat the whole bowl and Sparky tried his best! This is one of our very favorite recipes from Germany. Nothing is a cool as a cucumber in the heat of August. This delicious recipe is so simple and quick to put together that you’ll be done in no time and there isn’t any need to turn on the stove! Cukes are plentiful and inexpensive this time of year so why not treat yourself and your family to something new and delectable? You won’t regret it!
Not too sweet and not too tangy. In my humble opinion this is just perfect! No Potato Salad in Germany is served without a heaping spoonful of Gurken Salat on top.
Here’s what we’ll need. Just 7 ingredients and I’m willing to bet you have most of them on hand.
German Cucumber Salad or " Gurken Salat"
- Peel and slice Onions as thin as you can
- Peel and slice Cucumbers very thin, then combine onion and cucumbers in a medium size bowl
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the Sugar, Vinegar, Water and Salt.
- Stir until Sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this dressing over the Onions and Cucumbers, then sprinkle with Dill Weed and toss gently until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours to allow the flavors to meld and really soak into the Cucumbers. Then eat! Such a sweet, tangy treat on a hot summer day!
- Thanks for stopping by today friends. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I enjoy sharing them with you. As the August heat continues I sure hope you all stay as cool as a Cucumber. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG www.thejourneygirl.com www.facebook.com/thjourneygirl