The Holidays are fast approaching and we all know what that means. Parties by the boatload! Whether it’s a work related pot luck or a gathering of friends for fun and fellowship, it is definitely food season between now and the New Year. Oh boy, with all of the festivities, how can we eat somewhat healthy but still enjoy noshing away? For starters, try one of the dip recipes I’ll be posting here over the next couple of weeks. Made with light sour cream and light mayonnaise, they are delicious, easy and so quick to make. Plus, they are economical when homemade as versus the store bought varieties. And, did I mention no preservatives? Serve them with healthy raw veggies to dunk and you really have a win,win situation!
Fiesta Sour Cream Dip has spices that the Southwest of the USA is noted for and they really liven up your taste buds. So, let’s get busy building a Fiesta Dip.
Here’s what we’re going to use!
Fiesta Sour Cream Dip
- 1 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 2 TSP Oregano
- 1 TSP Dried Parsley
- 1 TSP sugar
- 3/4 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/2 TSP ground Cumin
- 1/2 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/4 TSP Paprika and more to sprinkle on the top!
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1/8 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a little bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Sour Cream and the Mayonnaise. Then sprinkle the dry ingredients over the top.
- With a small whisk or a fork, mix it up good until well combined. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours for the flavors to develop.
- Get your veggies prepared and on a plate and then serve. Stand back and wait for the compliments!
Karen Giebel says
Hi Jamie, Hope you try it and enjoy it!