Shhhhhh! Do NOT ever let on that this elegant, gorgeous, light and lovely pancake is the simplest, easiest thing in the world to make. Truly. Easiest. Yep. Make ’em think you are incredibly talented and that you spent hours rather than minutes preparing this delectable, versatile, easy weekend breakfast treat. This wonderful delight will set you back $12.95 at any restaurant if you can find one that serves them, but will cost you about 25 cents to make at home. I kid you not.
Traditionally served coated with Zested Lemon, sprinkled with Lemon Juice and Confectioners sugar, you may elevate your presentation with any type of Berry or Stone Fruit. Think sauteed Apples with Cinnamon or Gingered Pears. We had ours today with fresh Peaches. Oh my goodness!
Per your request. Let’s build us a “Dutch Baby!”
Seriously….this is all we need. And no, we will not be using the Watermelon. LOL!
Dutch Babies or Oven Panacakes
- First, pre-heat your oven to 400° Richly butter 2 - 9 inch cake pans and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the 3 Eggs together until well combined.
- Whisk in the Flour a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
- Should look like this. No lumps.
- Slowly whisk in the Milk.
- Sprinkle in the Salt. Slowly pour in the melted Butter and again, whisk until well combined.
- Divide the batter equally between the 2 cake pans.
- Place the pans in the oven at 400° and BAKE FOR 10 MINUTES.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350° and continue baking for another 5 minutes until gloriously puffed and golden brown!
- Remove from the oven and with a fork just slide them onto your plates. Serve IMMEDIATELY with Lemon Zest, sprinkle with Confectioners Sugar and Lemon Juice. Or....serve with your choice of fresh fruit and sprinkled with Confectioners Sugar.
- Prepare to receive a standing ovation for this one! Told you it was easy, just don't let on 🙂
- Thank you all for stopping by The Journey Girl today. I truly enjoy hearing from all my friends! As busy as all our lives are, I hope you can find the time to enjoy a leisurely home cooked breakfast to share with loved ones.
- Until next time. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
- Please visit my website and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you all! www.thejourneygirl.com