True “Cheese Cake” to me, is made exclusively in a Springform pan and is rich, dense and inches high. Not this one. And this is good. REAL good and quite a bit easier to make and bake.This scrumptious delight has a wonderful crunchy, buttery crust. Plus,true cheese cake density but so rich and creamy! Full of flavor with that mouthwatering sugary, sour cream baked on topping that all New York Cheesecakes would not be seen without! Really the only difference is this cheesecake is baked in a 10 inch pie plate and it’s one inch high, not four inches high. So you can eat four times as much! Ha! Topped with a sweet, tart homemade Cherry Sauce, people will politely or not, be eyeing the pie plate to see if seconds are possible!
We brought the Graham Crackers back from the USA last summer as you won’t be finding any in Germany. There is no such thing as canned pie filling either, but we have tons of inexpensive canned cherries here in Bavaria and the sauce literally takes only minutes to make.
We’re going to build this in 4 parts. The Crust. The Cheesecake, the Sour Cream Spread and the Cherry Sauce. But it is fast. No worries, OK? Let’s get busy! Here’ what we need.
Sweet Cherry Cheesecake In A Pie Plate
Graham Cracker Crust
Cream Chesse Filling
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix together the crushed Graham Crackers, melted butter and sugar. Pat mixture into a 10 inch pie plate. Nothing unique here. The trick is getting it into the pie plate neatly and evenly. No thick spots or thin spots. Then just set it aside for a minute. Sparky did this one and it's pretty darn perfect!
Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix together the Cream Cheese and sugar until well combined. I use my electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix in well before adding the next egg.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour this into your prepared Graham Cracker Crust.
- Put the Cheesecake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Then remove and let it cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Baked to perfection! I love this so much I'd like to hide it away and devour it all myself! Did I really just say that? Bad, bad, bad!
Sour Cream Spread
- Using a rubber Spatula, blend together the Sour Cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour over the Cheese filling evenly. Place it back in the oven at 350 degrees for another 10 minutes. It will still be "jiggly" but let it cool on a wire rack, then put it covered, in the refrigerator to get nice and cold. HINT: I use the cover off my 1.5 Gallon Kettle to cover the Cheesecake. Works perfectly!
- Oh golly!! Does that not make your heart flutter? I may have to make another as there may not be enough for dessert when the boys come over tomorrow!
- Creamy, rich, smooth delight! But wait.....Where is the Cherry topping? Got to keep going here.
Sweet Tart Cherry Topping
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Sugar, Cornstarch and Lemon Juice. Stir in the undrained Cherries. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Cook and stir one more minute. Then remove from the heat and let it cool. Store in the refrigerator if not using right away.
- Serve it alongside the Cheesecake and expect rave reviews! Oh yes......that's what we're talking about! That is love in a pie plate!