December is the season for parties! Whether they’re at your work place, school, your house or at a neighborhood gathering, we are all looking for wonderful recipes to make for the next party. Since this is such a busy time of the year, we’d like those recipes to be simple, yet delicious and worthy of praise. I think this French Onion Dip with only four ingredients plus salt and pepper really fits the bill! Dan says this is better than any store bought dip and I have to agree with him. Full of onions that have been slowly cooked until they are sweet and caramelized. Finish with a tiny sprinkle of paprika and a pinch of parsley for a pop of color, or not, this dip will get you raves at your next party. Bring on the chips!
Here’s what we’ll need.
Delish French Onion Dip
- Peel and finely dice the onions.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10 inch non stick skillet. Add the onions, 1/2 tsp salt and stir until coated with the oil. Slowly cook and stir the onions over medium low heat for 20-30 minutes. Stir frequently as the onions start to caramelize.
- The onions should be golden tan with bits of brown. Be patient, it takes times. The slower you cook them the sweeter they will be! When cooked, set the onions aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Sour Cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp salt and the 1/4 tsp of white pepper until well combined.
- Stir in the cooled onions until combined. Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least one hour for the flavors to meld, then serve. Add a sprinkle of paprika or parsley for a pop of color if you like.
- Either potato chips or crudites' are perfect with this Delish French Onion Dip.
- As an added bonus picture, here's Sparky who decided he did not need chips to enjoy this dip! Just dig right in there hubby!
- Whatever holidays you are celebrating this December and wherever you are celebrating them, I wish you joy, happiness and the love of family and friends as we journey through life. Until next time, journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
- This recipe and 200 more are in my cookbook. Please stop by my website and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you all! www.thejourneygirl.com