Salads are such a wonderful part of our summer menu and this one is delightful! So good I could easily make this weekly and not tire of it. There are so many recipes out there for Couscous salads but what sets mine apart and makes it the best ( she says modestly)is this tangy Mustard dressing that adds both a kick of Mustard and a bright pop of Lemon Juice. Add the crunchy veggies and top with Chicken and Feta and wait for the accolades! There are 3 parts to this recipe, the Vinaigrette, the marinated Chicken and then the Salad itself. Very easy and so delicious!
I make the Vinaigrette first to marinate the Chicken for 4-6 hours. You can make the salad dressing the day before and just pop the Chicken in it in the morning to save some time. So let’s go build us some dinner!
Here’s what we need for the VinaigretteAnd this is what we’ll use to finish the salad plus the cooked Chicken. Oh yum, I want some now!
Chicken Couscous Salad with Tangy Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice fresh squeezed is best
- 2 TBSP White Balsamic Vinegar If you do not have White Balsamic Vinegar, please just use more Lemon Juice
- 4 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tsp sugar
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic pressed or finley minced
- 4 6oz Chicken Breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/3 Cup Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1-1/2 Cups dry Couscous
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 8-10 Grape Tomatoes quartered
- 4-6 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 English Cucumber quartered and diced
- 1/2 Cup pitted Kalamata Olives coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley minced
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Combine all ingredients for the Vinaigrette in a screw top jar and shake it well until emulsified
Chicken Marinade and cooking.
- In a gallon size zip bag, place the Chicken breasts and pour in about 1/3 Cup of the Vinaigrette. Shake it around and then seal and place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. More is even better! After marinating the Chicken, either grill it for about 5 minutes on each side ( preferred method) or pan fry it until no longer pink. Both ways are perfectly fine.
- In a medium size sauce pan, bring the 2 Cups of Chicken Broth and the 1 TBSP Olive Oil to a boil, turn off the heat and stir in the Couscous. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- While the Couscous is cooling to room temperature, chop and/ or mince the vegetables.
- Gently fold the chopped vegetables into the Couscous. Shake the remaining Vinaigrette well and pour about 1/2 cup over all and stir in gently until well coated. Refrigerate until chilled. About 1 hour, but I have also served this at room temperature and it is lovely!
- When ready to serve, line each of 4 plates with Lettuce leaves if desired. Spoon the Couscous salad evenly over the 4 plates. Slice the cooked Chicken thinly and carefully arrange on top of the Couscous. Top with Feta crumbles and serve!
- Pass any remaining Vinaigrette just in case someone likes a bit more tang. Enjoy!
- I truly hope you all are enjoying summer wherever you live! And, I hope you will enjoy my Chicken Couscous Salad as much as I enjoyed sharing this recipe with you.
- Wherever your Journey leads you this summer, I hope you are Blessed with sitting outside with family and friends on a hot summer evening. Laughing, talking, watching fireflies or maybe enjoying a campfire. Laughing, telling stories and holding your wee ones close.
- Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to leave me a comment. I do love hearing from you. Journey on! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG
Leave a Reply