Scrumptious. Delightful. Summery. Soothing. Creamy. Flavorful. Never a smidgen left and bring copies of the recipe because everyone will ask for it!
That perfectly describes this “bring back the old recipe” that I have used for at least 30+ years!
And here’s the back fill on this story…………………………
My Mom’s sister, Olive was not a cook. Nope…..not even a little bit. She had a great knack for heating up frozen dinners but that was about it. Aunt Ollie retired as the Director of Nursing for a large metropolitan hospital and attended every Alumni nursing school dinner from her nursing school. She went to lunches with her friends and had frequent dinners with colleagues. Often times she would come home all excited with a recipe some friend had made for one of these luncheons or dinners. Handing it to either my Mom or me with the command ” This is wonderful! You have to make this!” And so, we did. Just to please Aunt Ollie. Some of these recipes we kept. Some went by the wayside but this one???? Lawd have mercy! This one has survived and thrived for well over 30 years. No family gathering or picnic or just a summer dinner is complete without Aunt Ollie’s Jello! Trust me, you will add it to your summer menu and not look back.
Here it is….for your reading and making pleasure……Aunt Ollie’s Jello 🙂
Aunt Ollie's Jello Salad
- Place the Cottage Cheese in a large bowl and spread the Jello over the top. Mix to combine well.
- Drain the Pineapple and Mandarin Oranges. Reserve the juice for another time or.....drink it as I did 🙂
- Gently stir the Pineapple Chunks and Mandarin Oranges into the Cottage Cheese and Jello until well combined.
- Gently fold the Cool Whip into the other ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Then serve! Trust me, this will be gone in no time at all. Sometimes what is old is new again and that is just a grand thing!
- Wherever your Summer dreams take you this year I wish you a table full of potluck goodies and the best of friends and family to share it all with.
- Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit my website at: www.thejourneygirl.com and leave me a comment. It makes my day to hear from you all. Journey On! Hugs and much love from me, Karen, TJG